L’Arche is based on a fundamental belief in the dignity of every person.
Whatever our gifts or their limitations, we are all bound together in a common humanity. We believe that everyone is of unique and sacred value, and everyone has the same dignity and the same rights.
- We are people with and without intellectual disabilities, sharing life in Community, belonging to an International Federation.
- Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our journey together.
- We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognise our need of one another.
- To make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
- To foster an environment in Community that responds to the changing needs of our members, whilst being faithful to the core values of our founding story
- To engage in our diverse cultures, working together toward a more human society
The Charter of L’Arche is recognised by all communities around the world in the L’Arche Federation.
Read the Charter here.